Based: Abuja, Nigeria
Reports to: Communications and Visibility Manager
Place of assignment: Abuja, Nigeria
Duration of the assignment: 8 months
Deadline for applications: 12th April 2021
Tentative date of commencement: 26th April 2021
The African Ministers Council on Water (AMCOW) is an intergovernmental, Pan-African, non-budgetary institution working under the Specialized Technical Committee on Agriculture, Rural Development, Water and Environment of the African Union (AU), and provides political oversight on water resources and sanitation in Africa. AMCOW’s mission is to promote cooperation, security, social and economic development, and poverty alleviation among member states through the effective management of the continent’s water resources and the provision of water supply and sanitation services. AMCOW is mandated to provide political leadership in the implementation of the African Water Vision 2025 and water components of the African Union’s Agenda 2063. For more information, refer to http://www.amcow-online.org
Production of original / high quality visuals to disseminate information about AMCOW projects and programmes. The materials will follow AMCOW branding and graphic guidelines and will be used for social media platforms, web content and other communication products.
Tasks and Responsibilities
· Implement AMCOW branding policy
· Ensure that all publications, reports and products are produced in line with AMCOW requirements/polices
· Implement the graphic guidelines in all AMCOW’s communication products;
· Deliver creative and innovative ideas for print, electronic, web-based and Design and layout of reports and other products
· Design of reports and other communication materials for printing and electronic distribution;
· Improve and edit art work, photos, charts and other graphic elements;
· Layout and design information and communication materials (t-shirts, banners, posters, booklets, leaflets, books, bulletins, flyers, cards)
· Create different illustrative materials such as short animations, presentations
· Custom photo editing
· Design content for the website and improve the website appearance
· Ensures that site content and design attract maximum audience while complying with AMCOW web policies and regulations at the same time.
· Follows evolving industry best practices in web and internet technology, content management, and usability; proposes improvements to the AMCOW web site accordingly.
· Pro-actively ensures integrity, accessibility, and optimum performance the web site, through mechanisms such as regular web site audits.
· Develops and enforces metadata, such as descriptions and keywords to aid in site indexing and improved searchability.
· Functions in a help-desk system by interpreting and addressing user requests and troubleshooting users' technical web-related problems.
· Analyzes the usage of web sites and interpreting web site impact on users and users' needs.
· Extends the reach of online resources through various media tools and making those available to staff, partners, and clients.
· Provides web coordination
· Download information on the website when required
· Maximizes the engagement of web audience to the AMCOW’s social media tools
· Performs any other duty as may be assigned by the Communications and Visibility Manager or the Communications Officer.
Qualification and Experience
The successful entity is required to meet the following criteria:
· Strong theoretical and practical background in graphic design, including the use of design software’s
· Show a clear and mature style of design, demonstrating an understanding of the communication requirements of different Development Organisations
· Proven experience of graphic production from start to published/printed product with knowledge of printing processes and colour management;
· Good understanding of new and evolving technologies and digital platforms
· Knowledge of standard software packages
· Working experience in development is desirable
· Undergraduate degree or above with a focus on a field related to learning or technology.
· 5 years of experience in web site content management, web application development, and general graphic design, including a versatility with a wide range of tools and software (Illustrator and HTML proficiency;
Dreamweaver, Flash, Photoshop, Social Media expertise a strong plus.) Candidates with web graphic designer certificate is also a plus.
· Experience in web site design, information architecture and usability, web site usability and tracking approaches combined with SEO.
· Good command of English is essential. Proficiency of other languages especially French is a plus.
· Strong writing, editing, and research skills.
· Ability to handle multiple tasks and perform under stress.
· Strong interpersonal skills and oral communication skills.
The contract will be effective from date of signing until 31st December 2021.The person can work at distance but we will require for the selected candidate to be at AMCOW office in Abuja at least once per week during working hours or when it’s needed.
The consultant will be expected to submit an invoice for each task within 5 days after outputs from each deliverable is approve by the CVM. Payments will be made within 15 working days after the invoice is received from the consultant.
The consultant will report to the Communication and Visibility Manager, who will oversee all the technical aspect and approval of the deliverables. The consultant can contact the CVM at any time to seek technical clarification regarding the work.
This application is open for individuals. Individuals should provide the following:
· Letter of application;
· Reference’s list
· Copy of catalogue or samples of the design work, if available
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post.
We only accept applications sent via email.
Please forward the application in English through the stated email not later than 12th April 2021.
Attention: The Chairperson| Tenders Board Committee| AMCOW| No 11. T.Y Danjuma Street| Asokoro| Abuja Email: email@example.com
Tel: +234 9096074166
For general information about AMCOW.
AMCOW recruits all applicants based on merit. It is AMCOW policy to recruit, hire, train and promote individuals, as well as administer any and all personnel actions, without regard to gender, race, national, clan or tribal origin, religion, age, sex, origin or ancestry, marital status, social status, sexual orientation, or status as a qualified disabled individual.