The African Ministers’ Council on Water (AMCOW) was formed in 2002 in Abuja, Nigeria, primarily to promote cooperation, security, social and economic development and poverty eradication among member states through effectively managing the continent’s water resources and provision of water supply services. The mission of AMCOW is to provide political leadership, policy direction and advocacy in the provision, use and management of water resources for sustainable social and economic development and maintenance of African ecosystems.
The Organs and Structures of AMCOW now serve as the Technical Working Group on Water and Sanitation of the Specialized Technical Committee (STC) on Agriculture, Rural Development, Water and Environment (ARDWE) of the African Union (AU).
AMCOW now invites interested suppliers or vendors to participate in the pre-qualification of suppliers for goods and services for two years from 31st January 2023 to 31st December 2024. This exercise will enable all suppliers who are interested in partnering with AMCOW for the supply of goods and services to get shortlisted as qualified AMCOW Suppliers/Vendors. This will make them eligible to fairly compete for any business opportunities available at AMCOW for the supply of goods and services.
2.0 PRE-QUALIFICATION OBJECTIVES
- To search for new suppliers of various goods and services on the market.
- Create a list of suppliers per category who shall be used every time AMCOW has a requirement.
- To benchmark market rates, quality and competitiveness.
- Explore Innovative solutions.
- To develop local suppliers
3.0 ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
An Applicant, and all parties constituting the Applicant, shall meet the following criteria to be eligible to participate in AMCOW procurement:
- The applicant must have the legal capacity to enter into a contract;
- The applicant is not: Insolvent; In receivership; Bankrupt; or being wound up
- The applicant’s business activities have not been suspended;
- The applicant is not the subject of legal proceedings for any of the circumstances in (2); and
- The applicant has fulfilled his or her obligations to pay taxes and social security contributions.
4.0 COST OF APPLYING
The Applicant shall bear all costs associated with preparing and submitting its Application. AMCOW will, in no case, be responsible or liable for these costs, regardless of the conduct or outcome of the prequalification process.
5.0 CLARIFICATION OF PREQUALIFICATION DOCUMENTS
Prospective bidders are to submit pre-qualification / EOI documents for the category desired in two copies, each one for the technical bids and another for the Financial proposal packaged in sealed envelopes clearly marked pre-qualification documents for the desired category or Expression of interest.
A prospective applicant requiring any clarification of the prequalification documents may notify AMCOW in writing or by cable (hereinafter, the term
cable is deemed to include e-mail and telephone) at the client’s address indicated below.AMCOW will respond in writing to any request for clarification on the short-listing, which it receives no later than three (3) days before the
deadline for the submission of Applications.
Attention: The Chairperson| Internal Procurement Committee| AMCOW| No 11. T.Y Danjuma Street| Asokoro| Abuja
Tel: +234 9096074166
6.0 RESPONSE METHODOLOGY
Suppliers can either send sealed bids or submit responses online.
6.1 Sealed Submission
All bids should be submitted at the AMCOW Secretariat, No 11, T.Y Danjuma Street, Asokoro, Abuja. This is a physical channel for carrying out the RFP-related correspondence. The place and manner of submission are as given below:
6.2 Online Submission:
Suppliers can also send their responses online. Responses can be emailed to email@example.com.
7.0 RFP TIMELINES
The timeline for this proposal process is outlined below:
Activities Date & Time
- RFP Response Proposal Deadline 13 January 2023 at 5.00 pm
- Evaluation 16 – 20 January 2023
- Communication to successful bidders 23 – 27 January 2023
8.0 EVALUATION CRITERIA
|Evaluation Criteria||Criteria Description||Weightage (%)|
|1.Preliminary Evaluation||Is the Vendor/Supplier qualified and registered to offer those Service / Goods? Vendor/Supplier should share Articles & Memorandum of Association Certificate of Incorporation Company Income Tax Clearance Certificate. Tax Registration CertificateDetailed Company Profile, stating current office address, email and phone numbers, with the CV of key staff.Audited Financials for three years.||30%|
|2.Technical Competence||Has the Supplier/Vendor fully demonstrated the ability to carry out the service/deliver the goods? The supplier should: Demonstrate the ability to deliver the goods/services and share experience in similar works accomplished. Evidence of at least three (3) similar jobs’ successful execution and copies of award letters. Evidence of the firm’s registration with the relevant professional body or licenses. Evidence of financial capability, with reference from reputable commercial banks.Share innovative Solutions (if any)||60%|
|3. Completeness of Submission||Did the Supplier/Vendor comply with the directions outlined in the pre-qualification document? Is their proposal clear, readable and the material easy to follow? All documents for submission must be transmitted with a covering letter under the firms/ company letterhead, bearing among others CAC registration number, contact address, phone and email||10%|
9.0 GENERAL INFORMATION:
- EOI must be in English / French languages and signed by an official authorized by the bidder.
- EOI submitted after the deadline for submission would be returned un-opened
- All costs will be borne by the bidders.
- Suppliers are not allowed to bid for more than one category.
- AMCOW is not bound to shortlist any bidder and reserves the right to annul the procurement.
Provision of Office Products (Office supplies, Stationeries, computer consumables and accessories) IT Equipment, Supplies & Services, Power Backup and Power Regulation Equipment.
- Supply of IT equipment (Laptops, desktops, Servers, Routers, Switches, IT Accessories and consumables).
- Supply of Original Phones of one or more Brands like Samsung, Huawei, ZTE, Techno and others.
- Repair and maintenance of servers, personal computers and laptops.
- This involves provision of IT support services at AMCOW Secretariat. The supplier should have qualified people and the ability to respond quickly to demands.
- Supply and maintenance of networking equipment, e.g., LAN cabling, Cisco equipment, routers and other accessories. AMCOW occasionally requires Networking equipment and solutions. Supplier should be able to deliver, install and support the equipment. AMCOW is not specific to any Model or Brand.
- Supply and Maintenance of deep cycle batteries and accessories, Inverters and solar equipment. Ability to supply and support. AMCOW is not brand specific.
- Supply and maintenance of UPS equipment, automatic voltage regulators/stabilizers and accessories. Ability to supply and support. AMCOW is not brand specific.
Transport and Travel Related Services.
AMCOW will award an initial two-year frame agreement to one or two suppliers for the performance of these services:
- Ticketing services
- Events and other ground services.
- Accredited IATA (International Air Transportation Association) Travel agent duly licensed in Nigeria.
- Have a good track record of serving international organizations, EU institutions, Embassies, and Multinational corporations.
- Financial Soundness.
- Good reputation, with no involvement in or suspicion of corrupt or other malicious practices.
- Employs competent and qualified travel consultants, as evident in their cv.
- Maintains reliable facilities for online bookings/ airline reservations.
Promotional Materials and Publications.
- Preparing conference communications,
- Development of documentaries,
- Knowledge curation and other KM activities,
- Library assistance,
- Content creation for social media,
- Production of branded materials,
- Graphic designs,
- Printing service.
Simultaneous Interpretations, Translation Services & Hiring of Interpretation and Hybrid meeting Equipment’s;