Executive Assistant (ES) Office
Reports to: the ES; alternatively, to the Director of Finance and Administration (DFA)
The position of the Personal Assistant to the ES is an administrative support function to the ES and executive team at AMCOW Secretariat located in Abuja, Nigeria. The scope of responsibilities includes providing high level clerical and administrative support to the ES, including scheduling appointments, preparing correspondence and presentations, and preparing expense reports.
The Personal Assistant (PA) to the ES is a support executive position that reports to the ES. The PA provides high-level administrative and clerical support by conducting research and preparing statistical reports as required, handling information requests, and performing clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls, and scheduling meetings. The role may also train and supervise lower-level clerical staff.
More specifically the function is responsible to perform the following tasks:
- Provide secretarial services including organising the office and creating a conducive working environment.
- Assist with preparing and arranging travel and logistics for the Executive team, consultants and invited office visitors.
- Open, sort, and distribute incoming correspondence, including faxes and email.
- Maintain and update ES’s office agenda and assist in planning and arranging TAC, EXCO and other meetings, appointments, conferences etc.
- Create and maintain good record and filing systems for incoming and outgoing mail, meeting documents, organization’s documents, records, and reports; maintain electronic and paper records ensuring information is organized and easily accessible.
- Attend meetings and keep minutes, take dictation, transcribe and draft correspondence, memoranda, etc., draft response to correspondences as agreed with the ES or according to previous correspondences, other available information sources, in accordance with the office’s standards.
- Read and analyse incoming memos, submissions, and reports in order to determine their significance and plan their distribution.
- Handle confidential documents ensuring they remain secure.
- Promote a positive organizational image and culture of the Secretariat.
- Coordinate and direct office services, such as records and budget preparation, personnel, and housekeeping, in order to aid executives.Perform any other duties as required and directed by the Executive team.
- Prepare ES expense reports, memos, letters, and other documents, using word processing, spreadsheet, database, and/or presentation software.
- Maintain records of all special services agreement issued by AMCOW Secretariat/ES’s office and ensure that all documentation related to these contracts is complete and kept up to date.
- Personally translate documents from English to French and vice versa, particularly for sensitive AMCOW documents and the Executive Secretaries official communication.
- Liaise with technical staff to ensure minimum quality standards in the preparation of statements and documents for use by the Executive Secretary and or Members of AMCOW’s various organs.
- Handle and prioritize outgoing or incoming correspondence (e-mail, letters, packages etc.) from the ES’s Office
- Maintain and update list/database of names and detailed contact addresses of AMCOW Organs’ members and related officials as well as database of partners and experts.
- Arrange appointments and meetings as appropriate including arranging agenda and programs for meetings under the ES docket.
- Prepare responses to correspondence containing routine inquiries.
- Receive incoming phone calls and direct them to appropriate office, and likewise receive customers/visitors and direct them appropriately.
- Provide coordination and administrative support to the ES’s office, including all departments/units under the office.
- Manage the ES’s office and provide efficient administrative, logistical and clerical service.